ZSNES is an SNES / Super Famice emulator for x86 computers. It works on Windows, MS-DOS and Linux / FreeBSD and supports 7 modes, sound, Super FX and more.
ZSNES was one of the first Super Nintendo emulators to play a wide range of games at a good speed, which has once become one of the most popular Super Nintendo emulators. Unfortunately, it has not been updated since 2007 and is now considered obsolete. As this emulator focuses on speed, its accuracy is low compared to other emulators. Particularly disturbing detail is that serious errors have been reported in ZSNES. These errors allow arbitrary code execution. Or to understand it in a more understandable language: a pirated ROM could use ZSNES to inject your computer with malicious software. So if you decide to continue using ZSNES, be sure to get your ROMs from certified sources.
- Easy to use
- Nostalgic GUI
- Easy to find and add encryption to the game
- Fast forward, back, water / flame effects in the GUI
- It works on almost all machines with at least 200 MHz and 32 MB of RAM
- Poor sound emulation
- Many games behave strangely and some run too fast
- Not updated since 2007 more or less
- GUI is pretty old-fashioned
- Minimum compatibility of all Snes emulations
Leave a Reply